Friday, June 4, 2010

Washington Sunshine

Everyone keeps cracking the "Washington Sunshine" joke to me ("Washington Sunshine" = rain).  For some reason, I laugh every time.  As of now I like the rain up here -- even if they get more in one day than San Diego can get in an entire season.

The other day I took a walk in the woods with Bella, a farm dog, in the pouring rain.  The forests here are so ridiculously thick.  I feel like if I were to step off the trail more than two feet (or loose Bella) I would be totally lost.  Trees are so densely packed that it's hard to get any sense of direction in the woods near Finney Farm.
Cloudy skies soon turned into a monsoon

 "Lung Wart", a local, edible lichen.  What a sick description for lichen.  Totally the name of my new band.

In person, the texture fits the name perfectly





Yesterday we had some real Washington sunshine.  It was glorious.  I didn't realize how much I missed blue sky.



It exists!

1 comment:

  1. Natalie!! While I miss you dearly, I love catching up on your blog! The pictures are so, so, so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete